In Conversation with Author Sucharita Parija

 1. How do you define yourself to our readers?






I am self-motivated and am not easily intimidated by others words or actions. An

emotional being whose heart cries, witnessing the unfairness of society towards the

vulnerable. I am a sensitive human who respects those who are always by her side.


2.Which profession are you working in?

I am a part-time consultant right now. I cannot tell more beyond this.


3. Please share your journey of being a writer.How and when you started writing?


I used to contribute poems and articles to school and college magazines in three different

languages like Odia, English, and Sanskrit. After college, writing for me took a backseat

in life. I never thought of writing as I was eager to shape my career. Apart from writing

school essays, debates, poems, etc., I had never thought about reviving my writing. Later,

in 2020, during the first lockdown, I somehow began to pen down my thoughts. After

that, there was no break from writing. I started with writing blogs that later got

transformed into creating my first website: https://www.streaksofsuchi.com.


4. What is  your inspiration behind it?

Writing chose me in its life. I had no outside inspiration to take me ahead in my life. In

simple words, I am the sole inspiration in my life. I have got influenced by many in my

life, yet they have not inspired me to get going in my literary journey.


5. How has writing shaped you and how has life changed after being a writer?How do you manage to bring out new ideas for your writing?

When a small and intangible object catches my attention, my mind automatically

wanders in that lane for a while. So even while reading new books, walking on the road,

watching OTT, flipping through magazines, etc., anything that pulls me towards it

becomes my next writing piece.


6. What does success mean to you?

It will be called a success if I can come out of my comfort zone to explore new

avenues. But, of course, fame and money, which are transient, also lead to success. They

help me reach my goals but cannot brand me as successful.


7.What is your strength?

I am a perfectionist, and I am consistent in my approach.


8. What do you think most defines your work?

My past experiences, innermost feelings, and fondness for words define my work.


9. What is the best part about being a writer?

A writer is a person who can best describe a situation through her words and

expressions. I love being a writer so that my words speak on my behalf.


10. What was the most challenging task in your writing career? Also tell us what are the things you love to do apart from writing.

The most challenging task in my writing career has not come yet. Invariably, I strive to

break my comfort cocoon and try a new genre of writing.I tend to the plants in my terrace garden without fail when I am not reading or writing.

This is because my plants are very close to my heart to whom I give my undivided

attention. In addition, I take on new hobbies to rejuvenate my mind.


11. What suggestions do you have for aspiring writers?


Read multiple books and read consistently to begin your writing journey. If you have a

passion for writing, then nothing can stop you. Everyone is a writer, so take baby steps by

jotting down your thoughts in a journal or diary in the first place whenever you can.

Then, remember to practice writing without a break. Practice makes writing better day by

day. If I could write, then you can be a writer.


12. How do you manage time for writing?

I am a full-time author nowadays. So, I have a lot of time to write. So, instead of a lack

of time, I need a little push from my side daily. I am on my third book right now. In

between writing for books, I pen down poems and short stories, quotes every day.


13.And are you writing something as of now?

I am working on two or three projects right now. They are in their nascent stage so it

will take time to get completed.


14. Is there any message you want to share with our readers?

The two poetry books I have penned down until now are more than just books. They

are the experiences gained from my life and also from others. I will be delighted with

reviews from readers who have similar kind of poetry and literary tastes like me.

Comments

Popular Posts