Diving into the World of writing with Rohit Shetty

  Rohit Shetty  has graduated in commerce from Mumbai University.He is currently working as an accounts associate in an education company based in Mumbai.For him writing was just a hobby but sooner he got his  work published. He has published 4 books out of which 3 books are on a collection of poems and a self help book.Most of these books are available on e-commerce sites. He intends to write more in the future and reach out to a larger number of audience.

Q1 ) Tell us about how did you step in the world of writing.




Ans : I had a fascination for writing right from my college days.I used to participate in elocution competitions too.I used to pen my poems on my desktop and took print outs of my collection of poems.I am basically an introvert.One day a friend of mine asked me about my hobbies.I said that I write poems.He asked me whether he could read them.

The other day he saw the collection and told that the content seemed to be interesting.He asked me as to why I didn't publish these poems.A little bit of research and finaly "70 Lovely poems on life"got published after a lot of efforts.


Q2) You have written four books , how do you decide the plots and the topics on which the books would be written ? Is it a random or a conscious choice ?


Ans :Imagination and creativity are important in the journey of writing.I select topics which have a message to share.Its basically a conscious choice.


Q3) A lot of youngsters now have the opinion that the role of their parents and educators are very important in shaping their career. As an author what is your views in this topic ?



Ans :Careers are a personal choice.Its important for both the parents and educators to get to know the child's interest and their likes and mould their career where they aspire to be.

Q4)Do you think that social media has increased the reach of authors ? What would be some social media tips that you would give to the writers.


Ans : In this data driven age it's so easy to get content.Gone are the days where people would read newspapers for updates.Nowadays information are available at your fingertips.As an author I would encourage aspiring writers to read a lot.Only a good reader can be a good writer.


Q5) Amongst the four books which is your favorite one . Also attach the link for the purchase of the book.

Ans : Well all of them are my favourite ones but I rate "Straight from the heart-A collection of love and lovely poems" as my most favourite which is available on Amazon.


Q6) What is that one advice you would want to give to the students who want to take up writing as a career option ?

Ans : Be patient.You don't become an overnight success.Put in your efforts and read a lot.Think out of the box.Your imagination is your greatest asset and if you have the requisite skills and if you use it the road to success is not far.

Comments

Popular Posts